Saturday 2 June 2012

Peugeot 207SV: A French Lady gets her fair share of aliens.


Greetings,

Been a short hiatus since my last post. This time I was summon back to Melaka, the Historic City for yet another detailing adventure.

Many would have remembered the Korean and Japanese eye surgery I did. The nice Malaysian car I have that is taken care off. This time, I am going French.

Subject this time is a almost 2 months old Peugeot 207 but not just a normal 207, its a 207SV. This means more bodykit and leather+suede seats. What's more is that this is a WHITE car.

And now... presenting to you, the condition of the lady at arrival:

Wheels are pretty erm.......


Closer look at the wheels reveals that the brakes are working well hence the dust (would be better if it came with a most dust free pads)


Hitting up the tarmac nicely, kicking up plenty of dirt from the road.


Rear wheel was spared as the rear is drum brakes


Now we shall look around the car... hmm, 1.6CC for a car this size.... must be lively to drive it


Gaps between door and frame is kinda wide hence lots of dirt and water manage to sip in.


Door hinge area was pretty.... manageable, not as messy as I was expecting it actually.


Rear door area, can see that water easily gets in around this area


SV = Sexy Vehicle? Look at the rain stain


More rain stain around.


Other side of the door. I like the door sills but unfortunately for my White Knight to have it, its gonna cost me an arm and a leg.


Birds love taking our cars as public lavatory


Doors are not spared from dirt + water


Notice the rims, take note of this GUNMETAL color rims, more to be shown later.


Signal lights... can you see the dirt surrounding it?


This picture looks ok wert..... nothing wrong ar.


Closer look, now tell me what is wrong.


Wax residue, proof that the car was waxed before delivery (sales person did not mention this.)


Nothing wrong with this section, pretty decent and clean


Well, think again


You sure it was clean?


Told you all to take note of the GUNMETAL color rims rite...... its actually SILVER


Door hinge, nicely done


After all the small gaps were cleaned, the car was given a Osren Bubble and Wax bath

Looks clean leh..... are you sure?


OPC 1:5 + OPC 1:3 the car surface and we got..........how come a bit yellowish wan


Now it looks clean rite..... or is it?


Proceed to clay the car and this is what I got from the roof


Now that the claying has been completed, its time to give it a final wipe down and inspection
My lovely assistance is helping me. Cannot show her face to you all but I will show her smile.


This is my backbone


And that would be me


This is how a nice, clean car looks. Do note that this car does have swirls from improper washing previously. Notice how it can still gloss so nicely.... so next time, before sending your car to polish or wax, think again.


That is me in the background... in shorts, slippers and sleeveless. I was Opti-Sealing the wheels.


Nice, cleanand opti-sealed wheels


Entire car was opti-sealed and now, you can enjoy the gloss, the shine, the reflection


All glass and headlamps were Opti-Sealed as well.


Side view


Even the Lion roars louder and more powerful with this treatment.


What a difference.


Time spend: 7.5 hours
Satisfaction level: Superb
Products used today: ONR/ANR, OPC 1:3, OPC 1:5, Osren Bubble & Wax, Brushes and lots of MF Towel, Opti-Seal and Optimum Car Wax

Some personal comments:
- When detailing a White Peugeot, wear sunglasses.

In the next photo, I am hinting of the next detailing journey when possible and am back in Melaka. Its gonna be epic.


Appreciate any feedbacks (good or bad, nice or nasty) as it is very much welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment